Daga Trashi Yangtse Dzong is one of the oldest Dzongs in the country. Built-in 1951, the Dzong stands on a ridge overlooking a valley. Among other sacred relics, the Dzong houses a buffalo horn measuring about 4’5”. The horn is believed to have been discovered by Daga Penlop Tempa Thinley in the early 16th century.
Druk Namgyel built Dagana Dzong with a command from Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel to bring the area under control and to defend the country from the invading armies from the south. Like many other Dzongs in the country, Daga Trashi Yangtse Dzong too provides shelter to more than two hundred monks