Truly Bhutan

Email: trulybhutan@gmail.com
Phone: +44 7444664146
Why Travel Bhutan With Truly Bhutan

Attractions in Trashiyangtse

Yangtse or Trashiyangtse lies further north of Trashigang is Trashiyangtse, east of Radhi, and south of Khaling and Kanglung. Attractions in Trashiyangtse include a great Nepalese chorten copied from the Boudhanath Stupa in Kathmandu. There is also the Dzong, the Institute for Zorig Chusum the School of Traditional Arts, and a hospital. The dzong was built in 1659 on the difficult terrain make it difficult for the Tibetan invaders. The Dzong is the headquarters of the Trashigang Dzongkhag.

The Sharchops, meaning “easterner” in the local language are the indigenous people of the region. In the South, to Khaling there is a school for blind children and also a weaving center. The weaving center is run by the National Women’s Association of Bhutan to teach women weaving skills to use in their own homes and earn by selling their weavings in the market. This town is also the principal marketplace for the semi-nomadic people of Merak and Sakteng, whose way of dress is unique in Bhutan.

Lama Ngawang Loday built Chorten Kora in 1740 AD in memory of his late uncle, Jungshu Pesan and also to subdue a demon that lived

A pleasant walk of about three hours following the Kholong Chu River from Chorten Kora, Bumdeling is an annual migration place

The Rigsum Goenpa in Tashiyangtse is more than 300-year old. Regarded as one of the most sacred monuments in eastern Bhutan 

The Bumdeling Ramsar site hosts the winter roosting area of about 100 endangered species of black-necked cranes that forage in the paddy fields

In Tshenkharla, just above the school, is situated one of the oldest Dzongs to have been built in Bhutan. Widely known as Tshenkharla Dzong

The letter “Om” is located in Ombha Ney, which means the sacred place of hidden “Om” in Tashiyangtse Dzongkhag. Guru Rinpoche visited Bhutan

The papilionid butterfly, Bhutanitis ludlowi Gabriel was rediscovered after the lapse of 76 years since it’s was fist collected in Tashiyangtse valley